Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Green Bay art, wedding, event, band, concert, poo, tree, nature, landscape photographer

it's day..., i don't even know anymore. What day is it? is it day 70? Or is it wednesday.

or is it the day i give in to all my self-hatred and doubt?

I don't want it to be that day, but it feels like that day.
have i taken photos this week? I don't even remember, so jaded. I wanted to stop taking pictures forever yesterday. I never wanted to see another camera for all my life. Seriously, you may not believe that if you know me but it was true for approximately 20 hours.

we're back on a plane of existence again. I mean we're not really talking, but I can at least look at all the cameras I own now, I guess that's something.

so enough blathering. I know blogs aren't supposed to blather. But I have 10 followers now, I can do what I want?

hmm, I just read an interesting quote...
"The reason they want you to fit in is so that once you do they can ignore you"
~Seth Godin

so true.
And it segues into how I am feeling.
I have found myself in an interesting position the last couple months.
I decided not to go to grad school, that I wanted to shoot weddings, and do art on the side, and than I poured myself into learning everything I can about starting a business.
Than I wanted to throw up.
I than realized I hated taking pictures.
Shortly after I realized that wasn't true, I was just sick of everything and desperately need a vacation. A "sabbath" if you will, before I just start vomiting my organs all over the place.

I have quite succesfully forgotten myself. I forgot why I even started taking pictures in the first place, and also why I even liked taking pictures. Do I really want to shoot weddings?

I originally picked up a camera because I thought "ooh pretty beauty in ordinary things, I wanna capture it". Haven't ever heard that one before have you?

I originally picked up a DSLR for one reason. To shoot bands. I love music and wanted to continue that love in somehting other than playing it, cuz that prooved... let's just say it wasn't for me.

And now for the end of my rambling salad... I give you, Adam Koenig Photography.

My reasons for taking pictures.

1. Take bad-ass awesome images. Yes I swore.
2. Take bad-ass awesome images. Yup, swore again.
3. Can you guess? Take BADASS AWESOME IMAGES!
4. Earn a living doing what I love.
5. So I can show the world the insanity in my head. And make them like it.

I will no longer post any images on this blog unless they further the vision of what I want to end up shooting. Thus comes an early end to the Project 365. I made it 69 days. It will happen again, but not now.

P.S. I will have a new blog sometime soon, Eric Lightbody is working on it, and it's going to lend itself to my identity wonderfully.

2 comments:

Kayla Bauer Photography said...

oh my having a moment that you hated photography...that is most sad indeed. Good to hear that it's a bit better now.

everythingwasbeautiful said...

yes, however,
I'm pretty sure it was actually a business overload.