Thursday, November 6, 2008

student show

so I got some photo work into my school's annual (36th!) Juried Art Exhibition. I am unsure yet which photo I got into the show, but either way it is rather exciting.
THe juror for the show was Daniel Keegan, Director for the Milwaukee Art Museum. SO that's a pretty cool deal, he gave a talk about the art world, and how the market works, and I even got to talk to him one on one for a bit.
So I think it's possible for me to make it. I think I will still most likely teach, but his talk, as jaded as it was about the system, was kind of encouraging. Apparently it takes great people skills, and building relationships, and I am pretty good at that. SO yeah, art world here I come (=
No photo today, but I may post some soon. I am off to Chicago with fellow art students from UWGB for a scuttle about the city and the world of museums. SHould be great, I've only been to one decent museum so I am pretty excited!

No comments: